Co Founder and Owner
Andrea Boyes has over 30 years of skating experience. She has Skate Canada Gold in Freeskate, Skills and Dance. At 17 she left competitive figure skating for the glitz and glamour of show skating and joined Disney on Ice. She has also performed with Holiday on Ice and Canada Ice Dance Theatre. Andrea has been roller skating since 2014 and working to transfer her skills from blades to wheels, with roller dance instruction from Chris Neima and figure roller technique from Jackie Cross.
She is a certified Skate IA roller skating instructor and co-owner of Roller Skate Victoria and has also taught roller skating in Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg and LA.
Andrea appreciates skating as an art form and works to share that with her students.
- Skate IA Certified Instructor
- Skate Canada Gold in Freeskate, Dance, Skills
- Professional show skater with Disney on Ice, Holiday on Ice, Canada Ice Dance Theatre
- Roller Skate Victoria Professional Dance Crew Choreographer and Member
- Van City Skate Squad Member
- Guest roller dance instructor for Calgary Roller Skate
- 3 years of roller derby with Eves of Destruction
Andrea has a Master of Arts in Professional Communication, Bachelor of Arts in History and a Diploma in Broadcast Journalism. She worked in news radio before moving to her current day job in post-secondary education. Andrea also volunteers as the Public Relations Coordinator for Special Olympics-BC Victoria. Andrea recently became the Communications Manager for Skate IA