Kelly “Beaver Canoe” Duncan
- Roller Sweat and Learn to Skate Instructor
- Roller Sweat Program Developer
Over 30 years of skating experience
Loves the full body workout that roller skating offers!
- Played 12 seasons of roller derby for various teams including the Eves of Destruction, Brickhouse Betties, Harbour city Rollers, Victoria Co-Ed and the Vancouver Island Allstars
- Roller derby coach and trainer for 12 years teaching roller skating, minimum skills and full contact roller derby to all levels of players all over Vancouver Island
- Organizer and guest coach for a government funded boot camp in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
- Guest coach in Sicily, Italy for a one-day intro-to-skating/derby class
- Uses a biomechanics approach to skating form and stride that considers angles, power and force to maximize efficiency and safety
- Firmly believes athletes need to address their fundamental skating skills, core, agility and endurance to up their game and prevent injuries!
- Proudly skated up to her 40th week of pregnancy and gives credit to roller skating for her fit and healthy pregnancy!