Wincy has been passionately involved in skating sports her whole life. Starting at the age of 4, she has pursued figure skating, inline and quad skating for competition, performance, enjoyment and health. Skating has given her a life-long medium to express herself, and a love for movement, which has added value to every aspect of her life. Through coaching and certifying others to coach, she endeavors to share this opportunity with others.
Having Bachelors in education and kinesiology, Wincy’s coaching philosophy reflects these ideals. She believes that teaching accurate foundations, and focusing on each student’s overall development, can encourage sports as a tool for life-long personal growth. For over 18 years, Wincy has been working and volunteering as a coach, instructor, trainer and educator in various fields, and has worked with thousands of kids and adults of diverse ages and abilities.
- Skate IA Level 1 Examiner
- Skate IA Level 1
- Skate Canada Level 1
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- First Aid and CPR
- Respect in Sport
- BC Teaching & Ontario Teaching (previous)
- B.Sc. in Kinesiology and Health Science and B.Ed. for I/S Phys Ed and Science
Skating Achievements & Qualifications
- Performed in a commercial for Kraft (https://youtu.be/DMoOLFzig64)
- Competed in ladies free skate at the Junior competitive level for figure skating
- Victoria Rollers and Victoria Roller Girls dance crew member
Favorite Skate Move:
- Converted ice skates – SP-Teri boots, Roll-Line Mistral plates, Moxi Fundae wheels (outdoor)/ Bones Super Elite (indoor)
- Wincy loves spiders – the bigger the better – unless they’re in her house! Needless to say, she loves the Victoria Bug Zoo!